Sunday, November 1, 2009

H1N1

Now that the University is providing its students with an H1N1 vaccine, I started to think about this epidemic. Is everyone just over reacting about this? I mean every professor has a plan incase there is an outbreak but in reality in july, there were 33,902 confirmed and probable cases and only 170 deaths. making the mortality rate only .5%. That is not high at all! The typical mortality rate in only .12% therefore it isnt that much higher. So yes, I think it's something to be informed about, but i don't think it needs to be this much of a big deal.


1 comment:

  1. i agree, and from what i hear, the swine flu isnt anything more dangerous than the seasonal flu, but what people are afraid of is the idea that the swine flu can mutate into something worse and i think that is why everyone is trying to contain it.

    ReplyDelete