Monday, October 26, 2009
High School Sports.
Does anyone miss high school? I know I do not miss high school itself. Hate the drama and the immaturity. But I do miss the high school sport aspect of it. I loved going out on the field, and proving myself as a player by stopping a goal, or stealing the ball from a player to take a fast break on the court, and even acing a opponent on the court. College sports are so much different. I played field hockey my freshmen year of college, and it was so different coming from high school to college, the speed is a lot faster, which i loved. But I felt like the team aspect was a lot different. People seemed to be playing more for themselves. My high school teams were so close, and everyone was team players. It was not like that last year. Which was a big disappointment. :( At least I made it through the whole season without quitting like many players that I played with did, both on my team, and from my high school team that went off to play at college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I myself was never involved in any sports, and I never really went to any of the games, but I was seriously involved in the music program, and I know what you mean. College ironically loses a sense of community. Here, everyone is into their own thing. We're all too cool for silly gatherings and highs and lows and things like secret santa. (Well, University Singers does team-building things like this, but no one else really does.) Here it's all about a grade in a class or getting you ahead in things. Thumbs up high school close knit friendships, thumbs down college independence...
ReplyDelete